Saturday, May 27, 2006

A bit of a history....

There's something you need to know about me. I love to write stories, but I also wish that they would all be animated traditionally, and since one man cannot get animation done quick enough, I decided a long time ago that I would transform my favorite original stories into comics. This would make up for there being more movement, and I would set each panel out like a fully-rendered drawing in a storyboard instead. This would become the way I would make my comics, starting with Norm & Cory in 2003, and UNTITLED School of Art in 2004.

Jack Magic started as a simple idea for a fantasy contest held online at an artist community, and I never planned for it to become one of my major storylines. At the time, I predicted it would be about five pages, and nothing much had happened when the worst threats were tiny knomes in need of a blood sugar test. Morgan didn't even have a name yet. Here are a few samples:::





And here's an early design for Jack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home